- Terms & Conditions
Carhunt.ie allows car dealers “the advertiser” to list their vehicles in advertising format. Carhunt allows the car-buyer “the customer” to browse, select and converse with the dealer (or dealers) through carhunt.ie. carhunt allows the customer to enter conversations on a maximum of 4 cars simultaneously. These 4 cars can be from any number of different dealers, 1, 2, 3, or 4 different dealers.
carhunt does not support the listing of adverts for vehicles for sale from a private individual.
This Agreement applies to each user of carhunt.ie, including registered users, (each a “user”, “you” and “your”), including all Trade Advertisers. Please read the Agreement, including these Terms carefully before you start to use carhunt.ie. By accessing and using carhunt.ie, you indicate that you have read, understand and accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement and that you agree to abide by them each time you access and use carhunt.ie. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from accessing and using carhunt.ie
Carhunt.ie is a site operated by Angelflight Ltd. We are incorporated in Ireland under company registration number is 662476 with an office at 15-16 Mailcoach Road, Sligo. Our VAT number is IE 3679871DH
There are two types of user accounts – ‘the advertiser” and “the customer”
“The advertiser” is required to register with carhunt.ie prior to advertising their inventory on carhunt.ie. The customer does not need to register to browse carhunt.ie. The customer is required to register with carhunt.ie in order to submit their request to their selected dealers.
“The advertiser” can only be created and used by a person eligible to be a Trade Advertiser. Trade advertisers are defined as organization’s whose primary business activity is the buying and selling of motor vehicles. Trade advertisers are not restricted in the quantity of advertisements they can place on carhunt.ie
A Trade Account is only for use by the Trade Advertiser that registers that account and may only be used to place Advertisements and other types of Content by that registered Trade Advertiser. An authorized representative of the Trade Advertiser must submit the Trade Advertiser’s full legal name, address and VAT number, the name, email address and telephone number of the Trade Advertiser’s representative and any other information sought in the Trade Account registration process on carhunt.ie. As a Trade Advertiser you may only open one Trade Advertiser Account on carhunt.ie but you can use it for multiple Advertisements.1. When opening any Customer account you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information and to promptly update the information you provide to us when it changes. You may not: (i) enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or (ii) use a name without appropriate authorization. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse registration of, suspend or cancel a Customer or a Customer identification name without notice to you, or to test the veracity of information provided by you or any other user at any time.
- 2. As a condition of your access and use of carhunt.ie, you warrant to us that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by this Agreement. You acknowledge and warrant that you will not use carhunt.ie for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by this Agreement.
- 3. You must be over 17 to use certain services on carhunt.ie and over 14 years old to use all other services on carhunt.ie. If you are under 17 years of age you are not entitled to register as an Advertiser on Carzone.ie or to place an Advertisement on Carzone.ie. If you are a minor between the age of 14 and 18 then all use of Carzone.ie is subject to your parent or guardian consenting to that use of Carzone.ie. We reserve the right to close any Customer account with or without notice if you have not obtained this consent and/or if you cannot establish that it has not been granted to our satisfaction. We advise parents or guardians who permit their children to use Carzone.ie that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them by their parents or guardians.
4. When opening any Customer account you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information and to promptly update the information you provide to us when it changes. You may not: (i) enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or (ii) use a name without appropriate authorization. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse registration of, suspend or cancel a Customer or a Customer identification name without notice to you, or to test the veracity of information provided by you or any other user at any time.
- 5. As a condition of your access and use of carhunt.ie, you warrant to us that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by this Agreement. You acknowledge and warrant that you will not use carhunt.ie for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by this Agreement.
- You must be over 17 to use certain services on carhunt.ie and over 14 years old to use all other services on carhunt.ie. If you are under 17 years of age you are not entitled to register as an Advertiser on Carzone.ie or to place an Advertisement on Carzone.ie. If you are a minor between the age of 14 and 18 then all use of Carzone.ie is subject to your parent or guardian consenting to that use of Carzone.ie. We reserve the right to close any Customer account with or without notice if you have not obtained this consent and/or if you cannot establish that it has not been granted to our satisfaction. We advise parents or guardians who permit their children to use Carzone.ie that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them by their parents or guardians.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
Your content displayed on carhunt.ie will be displayed via an API (automated plug-in) from a third-party data provider, only on the written confirmation of your willingness to advertise your stock on carhunt.ie. As such, advertisers who agree to have their stock advertised on carhunt.ie are responsible for the accuracy and relevance of their advertised stock on carhunt.ie. cahunt.ie does not offer a platform to upload, amend, change, or withdraw their advertised stock on carhunt.ie. As such, carhunt.ie accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of advertised stock on carhunt.ie.
- 1. Carhunt.ie is an interactive website which facilitates the real-time process of attaining and exchanging information with selected car dealers. Carhunt.ie offers the customer the facility for the customer to offer a part-exchange to the selected dealer(s). Our template for offering a trade-in has been designed to be as thorough, exact and accurate as is possible. The customer is solely responsible for the information, images and data they offer to their selected dealers.
- 2. As such, carhunt accepts no responsibility or liability for the information shared between the dealer and the customer. Carhunt.ie is committed to the secure and convenient exchange of information between the dealer and customer.
- 3. Users of carhunt.ie agree to represent their trade-in (if applicable) in its truest form and offer the dealer factual and accurate information. Carhunt users agree that should any information about their trade-in be found to be false or misleading, the advertiser has the right to alter, amend or rescind their offer.
PASSWORDS AND USERNAMES
All users of carhunt.ie are responsible for the creation, maintenance and privacy of their passwords
In the event of a mislaid or forgotten password, please contact carhunt.ie
HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED BETWEEN ADVERTISERS AND CUSTOMERS
Carhunt.ie is designed in a manner that your identity and contact information is not disclosed to the dealer(s) during the process. Upon completion of the carhunt process, you can select if you wish for the dealers to receive your contact information.
The carhunt process enables all dealers (if more than one dealer is engaged with you) to have visibility of quotes offered to the customer. All dealers’ identities are obscured from their competing dealers for privacy purposes. However, dealers can see the following information offered by their competitors;• Make / model / spec
• price to change
- • monthly payment
- • GFV where applicable
• Customers and dealers agree to dealers having visibility of competing offers from advertisers.
PAYMENTS ON CARHUNT
- 1. Customers using the carhunt.ie service agree to a fee of €5 per quotation requested. All payments made on carhunt.ie are facilitated by Stripe in a secure manner.
- 2. If applicable, carhunt will offer promotional codes to the buyer periodically which can be redeemed at the payment section. Promo codes will be offered to customers ahead of their allocation via website advertising along with our social media platforms.
- 1. Carhunt runs a credit system for the customer in the following circumstances;
- • If the dealer responds to the customer saying “My car is sold”
- • If the dealer responds to the customer saying “Not interested”
- 2. In any of the events above, the customer will receive a ‘credit’ based on the value of the quotation(s) they did not receive. This credit can be redeemed at the checkout section under the heading ‘credits’. A review of available credits can also be viewed under ‘my Account’ after the customer logs in.
- 3. Credits will not apply in a circumstance where the customer receives a quotation they are dissatisfied with.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in carhunt.ie and in the content that we publish on it. Those works are protected by intellectual property, including copyright laws, trademark laws, database laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 2. By posting Content on carhunt.ie, you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, display, publish, reproduce and distribute such Content, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content and to exercise any rights reserved to us in relation to the Content under this Agreement. This license is non-exclusive, except that you agree that we shall have the exclusive right to exercise this license to the extent of combining your Content with the Content of other Advertisers for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of Advertisements and other Content on carhunt.ie.
- 3. carhunt.ie (including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video, audio and other Content appearing on it) is protected by database rights, copyright and as a collective work or a compilation under the laws of Ireland and other countries, including the copyright and database laws. All individual articles, other content and other elements comprising carhunt.ie are also copyrighted works, databases, designs or are protected by law in other ways. You acknowledge that Carzone.ie and any Content or underlying technology or software used in connection with Carzone.ie contains our proprietary and, on occasion, confidential information. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on carhunt.ie, in whole or in part, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided in this Agreement, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in carhunt.ie not expressly granted by us to you are retained by us.
- 4. If it is determined that you retain moral rights in the Content, then to the extent permitted by law you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates of it; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by us or our licensees, successors and assigns or our exercise of rights under this Agreement; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release us, and our licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against us by virtue of any such moral rights.
- 5. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Content that you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- 6. Our status (and that of any partners, Advertisers, Customers or third parties identified on carhunt.ie) as the authors of material on carhunt.ie must always be acknowledged by you.
- 7. Except where you are a registered Trade Advertiser, you must not use any part of the Content on carhunt.ie for commercial purposes.
- 1. In these user terms, "carhunt.ie affiliates" shall mean any subsidiary or holding company of carhunt.ie, or any subsidiary of carhunt.ie.
- 2. carhunt.ie reserves the right to add to or change the terms of these User Terms in its sole discretion without your prior consent. All changes to the User Terms will be effective once posted on the Web Site.
- 3. carhunt.ie will provide notice on the Web Site of any changes to the User Terms for 30 days after carhunt.ie has posted the amended User Terms on the Web Site.
- 4. Your continued use of the Web Site or any of carhunt.ie's services available on the Web Site following carhunt.ie's posting of such changes will be regarded by carhunt.ie as acceptance of the amended User Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the amended User Terms you should exit the Web Site and not access or use any of carhunt.ie's services on the Web Site in the future.
- 5. No variation or amendment to these User Terms by you is valid unless otherwise agreed by carhunt.ie in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of carhunt.ie and you.
- 6. If any part of these User Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, the validity of the remainder of these User Terms will not be affected.
- Your use of the internet is solely at your risk and subject to all applicable laws, and carhunt.ie has no responsibility for any information, software, services or other materials accessed or obtained by you using the internet. carhunt.ie does not assume any liability for timely, trouble-free and uninterrupted access to the internet.
- 7. These User Terms do not affect any consumer rights that you may have under the provisions of any applicable law or regulation.